Flat Panel Detector
Flat Panel Detectors for Digital Radiography
Whether you’re looking for a retrofit, new system, or mobile use digital X-ray, ExamVue has the highest quality, most advanced Flat Panel Detectors (FPD) available. ExamVue FPDs incorporate the proven technology of amorphous silicon photodiode array and thin film translator (TFT) underneath which convert invisible X-ray photons into visible photons and then into electric charges.
The electron signals are measured and amplified in the dataline, and then converted to digital signals by the analog/digital converter. Then, the digital signals are transmitted to a PC for processing to form an image. The following are hallmarks of ExamVue DR panels:
- High Detective Quantum Efficiency (DQE)
- High spatial resolution
- Extraordinary dynamic range
- Ultra-low noise
Automatic Exposure Detection (AED) technology allows placement of a patient anywhere on the panel surface and achieve the crisp, clear images you’re looking for. Our DR panels use the entire array sensor to trigger the acquisition process, detects low intensity exposures, and does not contain a chip that could potentially break. Additionally, AED technology triggers consistently at low exposures even with difficult shots or with low power generators. Patented AED technology provides a large area coverage and unrestricted time windows, creating a comfortable and efficient operation experience for X-ray acquisition.
- Greater signal capacity
- Reduced number of calibrating X-rays
- Lower electronic noise
- Less data storage requirements
- Faster data transfer
- Higher AED sensitivity
- Superior photon coupling
We have developed an in-house technology to grow and directly deposit our own Cesium Iodide (CsI) crystals on the glass substrate. Most companies purchase their CsI and glue them to the glass substrate which works against and degrades image quality. We proudly provide our customers the benefits of lower patient exposure dose and higher image quality that CsI offers over Gadolinium technology. Our ability to grow or own CsI, and not having to source from others, allows us to provide our customers with very high-quality images at a very affordable cost.
- The least amount of isotropic photo lateral scattering leading to the best resolution.
- The lowest photon coupling loss, which translates to the best quantum efficiency (QE) and detector quantum efficiency (DQE).
- No glue is used to make the CsI adhere to the glass substrate, which contributes to reliable, long-term performance with superior long-term stability and ambient compatibility.
- Robust, long-lasting detectors.